Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

RECIPE: Tortilla-Free Quesadilla

Okaa I know the recipe title sounds weird. It's not really a quesadilla without the tortilla. I agree, but the other day I was hungry coming home from a long day of work and I was dying for a quesadilla. I had bought low carb tortillas and have enjoyed using them so far but in the back of my mind I was thinking, "Is it worth an extra 7 carbs for a tortilla?" Not to mention the added calories.

I said no it wasn't and went on to experiment.

The final results? Delicious!


It was so easy to do.

  • Add seasoning of choice to raw chicken breast*
  • Cook the chicken in a skillet with oil
  • When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Top the chicken with 1/4 cup Kraft Mexican Shredded Cheese and microwave for 30 seconds
  • Enjoy with 1/2 Hass avocado, 1 tablespoon of sour cream and of course Tapatio hot sauce.
  • I cut off a bite of chicken and scooped up some avocado and sour cream and dipped it in the hot sauce for maximum flavor.
*Side note: Seasoning is optional but my favorite is Mrs. Dash's Fiesta seasoning. I also chose a thin sliced chicken breast (4oz) instead of a full sized chicken breast (8oz) so choose whichever you'd prefer!

Calories: 375
Net Carbs: 2g
Fat: 24g
Protein: 33g

This was an easy and inexpensive meal that I know I'll be cooking again and again. I was full by the end of it and was so proud that there were few carbs involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment