Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts on Cheating

I fully believe in a cheat meal once in awhile. I'm not saying cheat everyday, that's going to take away from any progress you make. A planned cheat meal can give you something to look forward to and make avoiding those other cravings much easier. Enjoying a food that you just can't live without or a food that you consider to be forbidden can actually keep you from overindulging in junk food in the long run.

BE CAREFUL though! Know your triggers and know when to stop!

There are days where I'll have one small cheat, feel guilty about it because it wasn't a planned cheat or something that wasn't worth cheating for and I give up for the rest of the day and end up binging. This isn't going to create a healthy relationship with food nor a healthy relationship with yourself.

Eventually you won't even want the junk foods that you've been craving. I find that I no longer crave pasta or breads or even most sweets!

Something I've decided to do is create a calendar of planned cheat days and a list of foods that are WORTH cheating for and foods that AREN'T.

Worth It Cheats!
  • Houlihan's Spinach and Artichoke Dip
  • Fancy Cocktails
  • Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits
  • Girl Scout Cookies
  • Fancy Starbucks Coffee
  • Cranberry Orange Scone from Caribou/Starbucks
  • Nonna's Soups and Desserts
I'm sure I can add to this list as I think about it more haha.

Not Worth It Cheats!
  • Eating random fries or chips at work
  • Pizza
  • Candy
  • Chinese Food
  • Chips
  • Nachos
  • Cake
Some upcoming events I plan on cheating for is on Friday I'm celebrating my 23rd birthday with my friends. I know I'll be drinking. I don't know exactly what yet. I'll aim for harder liquor with diet pop or light beer, but my friends may want to buy me drinks or shots and I really just want to enjoy the time with them.

Sunday Nik and I are going out to dinner so I plan on saving my cheat for Houlihan's Spinach Dip and keeping the rest of my meal keto friendly.

March 13-16 Nik and I along with two friends are going to Lake Geneva, WI for his spring break. I don't know exactly where we will be eating out but our cabin has a kitchen so we only plan to eat out for 3-4 meals. The rest we plan to cook. I plan to stay fairly strict and picking Worth It Cheats. I'm not going to let a mini vacation be an excuse for a 3 day binge. I also plan on bringing my running gear and if I won't be hitting the gym with my strength training I'll be going for runs in the mornings.

Having all this to look forward to makes it so much easier to pass up on the food I have small cravings for.

I can't wait to reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment