Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Keto in a Pinch

So I was running late today and didn't get to make my daily breakfast. Usually I'll scramble a few eggs with butter and accompany that with thick sliced bacon and sometimes a few berries.

My boyfriend says I have a "hard on" for breakfast because I insist I eat it everyday, even on our getaways.

Eating breakfast really sets the tone for my day. A filling and healthy breakfast keeps my energy levels high, my mood is stable, and I am more motivated to eat well throughout the day.

So today I didn't get my fancy breakfast but I did get creative on the go at my local 7-11 gas station.

Coffee: usually I use heavy cream because of the high fat and 0 carb content but my gas station doesn't carry that so I chose 3 TBL flavor free half and half and used a few pumps of sugar free hazelnut.

Fat: 3g Carb: 1.8g Protein: 1.3g

Almonds! High in good for your heart fat and they keep you full for ages. I always go for the salted roasted kind.

Fat: 24g Carb: 3g Protein: 9g


String Cheese: Very easy to eat while driving or walking. Extremely cheap to buy as well. I always go for the mozzarella kind but there are other great cheeses out there. Most has stations have both mozzarella and cheddar.

Fat: 6g Carb: 1g Protein: 7g



So there you have it. A quick breakfast that kept me full for 4 hours. Yes that's right, 4 hours.

It's easy to feel discouraged when you didn't pack that perfect lunch or you left it at home but use your resources and get creative to stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment