Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wins, loses, and booze

Yesterday was my rest day. It felt weird to not go to the gym but I think my body appreciated the rest.

I tend to go very hard in my workout routine and I push myself which feels great at the end of the day but in reality I burn out quickly and then don't work out for a few weeks. I'm confident that with some rest periods in between workouts I'll be in a steady habit of going to the gym in no time.

Ahhh yesterday. Yesterday was an okaa day. I did great all day until I went over to my boyfriend's house. He got dinner from Wendy's and I has gotten a chicken sandwich. I wasn't even hungry because I had eaten a filling burger party an hour before hand. I ate almost all of it and I have no real reason why. I'm disappointed.

Also last night we has light beer when we wet out drinking. I had about 4 miller lights which added another 12.8 carbs.

We really shouldn't drink any alcohol if we are trying to lose weight but I'm 23 and it's just part of my lifestyle to h e a few drinks on the weekends or out with a girlfriend for our girl nights.

It's about drinking SMART. Your body metabolizes alcohol before it will burn other forms of energy like glucose or fat. So drinking won't necessarily throw you off your diet but it will likely slow your progress by a day.

There's always the option of light beer. But the carbs will add up if you're not careful. Miller light has 3.2 carbs per 12oz and Michelob Ultra has 3 carbs per 12oz.

A carb free option would be a hard liquor with a diet mixer: Bacardi and diet, vodka and soda water, etc. Be careful with tonic because there's sugar in tonic water. Luckily, some establishments carry diet tonic.

Wine is free of carbs. I personally prefer wine over a hard liquor and diet mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment